Wave North Pop up Art Exhibition
22nd September 2012
25th October - 3rd November 2012
The Wave North festival is running again in October this year to coincide with the UK Pro Tour Surfing competition held at Thurso East. This year as well as the surfing there will be a temporary skate park at Thurso Harbour providing workshops and demonstrations. There will also be a varied programme of live music at the harbour and various venues and lots of children's activities throughout the weekend.
The Wave North Pop-up art exhibition will run again this year throughout Caithness Horizons and shop windows around town. The exhibition will be open for submissions from artists and this year will also have a special category for under 18's.
· All work must fit the brief of Waves and the North in some way.
· All work must be framed or on a stretched canvas and ready to hang.
· Each artist can submit up to 4 pieces of work but not all work will necessarily be selected.
· We have a very limited amount of space for 3 dimensional work. If your work is not wall based, please get in contact early on to discuss whether it will be possible to display your work or not.
· 35% commission will be taken on all sales.
· The deadline for submissions is 5th October 2012
· All selected work must be delivered to Caithness Horizons by 13th October.
· Details of size, medium, title and price must be included with submissions.
· All artwork must be original.
If you are an artist, either professional or amateur, and you are interested in exhibiting your work in the Wave North Pop up art exhibition, please send images of your work with all the relevant details included to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions regarding the exhibition or Wave North please contact:
Caithness Horizons Old Town Hall, High Street, Thurso, KW14 8AJ